Senior level Technical Project Manager with experience delivering software development projects. Technical PM will be
responsible for working with senior leadership along with product owners and technical architects to define project scope,
technical direction, and project milestones. PM will have responsibility for working with other stakeholders to define
estimates, determine resource needs, and identify/address resource needs. PM will handle tracking of all project
deliverables, as well as issue management, change management, release management for implementation of desired
functionality. PM will need to have the ability to deliver multiple cross functional projects, and execute in a matrix
environment. PM role should be able to execute the SDLC using Scrum/Agile development techniques. Should have a
great understanding of the overall project management principles.
Principal Responsibilities and Essential Duties:
· Develop, implement, track and report on project plan, schedule, budget, milestones,
risks, issues, communication, resource billing, integration and scope statement.
· Lead and manage cross functional, matrixed project teams in day-to-day activities
necessary to successfully complete the project according to objectives and within
· Provides direction to project teams including the assignment of individual
responsibilities, tasks and technical functions.
· Coordinates and actively participates in all stages of project development including
research, design, programming, testing and implementation.
· Oversees various systems projects of significant magnitude in terms of complexity,
cost, time-constraints, internal and external staffing, and equipment including software
· Completes all responsibilities as outlined on annual Performance Plan.
· Completes all special projects and other duties as assigned.
· Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
· 5-10+ years of experience leading project teams and executing projects
· PMP/SCRUM master certifications preferred
· Good understanding of data structures and SQL
· Knowledge of IT applications, data processing and medical claims processing, and EDI
· Prior experience in the healthcare industry, preferably Medicare
· Strong understanding of data structures, data processing, data integration, and SQL a plus
· Prior experience with medical claims processing and EDI a plus
· Experience developing and implementing a project plan including work breakdown structure with time
· Experience with the delivery of web based applications, database processes, reporting data structures and
reporting/business intelligence application development
· Excellent verbal and written communication and results oriented leadership skills with the ability to be a
successful team builder in a time critical environment
· Understanding of and experience working within an enterprise Change Management process
· Experience managing multiple projects and resources
· Experience developing and implementing a communications plan
· Ability to report project status to executive level stakeholders
· Experience with Agile and waterfall project management methodologies preferred
· Ability to work a flexible schedule around project deadlines and implementations, as necessary
Verscend is transforming the business of healthcare by providing data services, analytics, and advanced technologies that answer the industry’s most complex challenges. With a focus on reducing risk across all domains of healthcare, Verscend’s broad solution suite is designed to help health plans, employers, providers, and other risk bearing entities better understand the health and risk of their populations to improve quality, reduce costs, ensure payment accuracy, and support compliance. From effective population health management, quality reporting, revenue accuracy, and chart retrieval to tackling fraud, waste, and abuse, Verscend is committed to answering the unique challenges of its clients.