Solar Designers will provide structural and electrical plans for residential solar panel installations, using established procedures and existing templates. Designers will be using AutoCAD (and potentially Sketchup) to produce the plans. Solar Designers will also work directly with city building departments to obtain building permits for the installations. This is an entry-level position with flexible part-time or full-time hours offered, and is an ideal position for a student. Evening and weekend shifts may be available.
● Use AutoCad (Sketchup in the future) and PDF manipulation software to produce site drawings and building permit application packages.
● Use customer and project management software to track progress of individual projects.
● Perform web research and directly contact building departments to learn the requirements for submitting and obtaining building permits, and maintain a database of requirements for each jurisdiction.
● Prepare permit packages in accordance with the requirements of building departments.
● Follow through with building departments to resolve concerns and receive approved permits.
● Revise local requirements based on feedback from building departments on rejected permits, and revise and resubmit rejected permits.
● Maintain good quality (low rejection rates) and efficiency scores.
● High school degree or equivalent required.
● Computer-aided drafting classroom training required (AutoCAD, Inventor, Sketchup, etc.); on-the-job design experience is a plus.
● Familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel, and ability to quickly learn other software is required.
● Ability to communicate well by phone and by email with government officials and others.
● Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
● Ability to use the internet and interviewing skills to research and gather information.
● Must be highly motivated and persistent.
● Sketchup training is a plus.
● Prior solar design experience is a plus.
● Basic electrical understanding a plus.
● Residential construction understanding with roof layout knowledge is a plus.
Solcius is quickly becoming a leading provider of solar energy in the residential market. Solcius designs, delivers, installs and services best-in-class solar solutions generated by its unique and growing network of dealers and key partners. Solcius offers both power purchase agreements and leases, with guaranteed rates for up to 25 years, allowing its customers to significantly reduce their electrical bills with no out-of-pocket expense. Purchase options are also provided to customers wishing to own their solar energy systems. With current operations in California and Utah, Solcius is preparing to expand to several additional markets. For more information, visit www.solcius.com.