Lakanto’s Creative Team is seeking a spunky video producer with keen attention to pacing and rhythm, an eye for design, and industry-disrupting video ideas. The video producer will work directly with the Creative Director on a wide-range of video, animations, and GIF projects using the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Create short-form videos from inception to completion within outlined timelines and budgets.
- Write scripts and draw storyboards depending on the project
- Manage all steps of pre and post-production including: procuring proper legal agreements (ie: permissions and releases), script breakdowns, prop management, filming, directing, audio, lighting, editing, color correction/grading, motion graphics
- Find additional crew and equipment rentals when necessary
- Operate cameras, audio equipment, and LED lights
- Participate in brainstorming meetings with various departments and pitch video ideas accordingly.
- Edit footage, audio, and stills through the Adobe Premiere Pro and other Adobe Creative Suite Apps (Photoshop, Illustrator, Audition, After Effects, etc)
- Create various animations and motion graphics using Adobe After Effects
- Participate in graphic design tasks where needed (Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop)
- Ingest and Archive footage
- Source music tracks and procure related permissions and licenses
- Have fun creating really cool stuff in a friendly, encouraging environment
Required Skills and Experience
- Great sense of timing, pacing, dynamics, and rhythm in editing.
- Have an eye for design (know what is trending, what looks good, balance white space, typography and layering essentials)
- Ability to craft engaging stories, visually and aurally, that follow a traditional story arc.
- Proficient understanding of how videos are made: Pre-Production, Production, Post-production
- Familiarity with trending news and social media video content and topics
- Be a HUSTLER! (not the kind you are probably thinking though) Be someone who works hard and quickly. If you don’t know how to do something, ask or find the answer. Be willing to sacrifice form for function where needed. Don’t be afraid to make hard decisions.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Premiere Pro and After Effects
- Experience with Graphic Design using Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop are a HUGE PLUS!
- Comprehension of good Sound Design principles. Foley and ADR experience are a PLUS.
- Experience with color correction and color grading using Lumetri Color
- Web literate and experienced with various online video sharing like YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, and Instagram
- Willing to occasionally travel out of state and work evenings and weekends when needed.
- Manage multiple projects at any given time
- Entrepreneurial-minded. Prior marketing experience in a PLUS!
- Interest in dieting, health, and eating desserts is a PLUS!
**ALL APPLICANTS WILL BE ASKED TO SUBMIT SAMPLE WORK TO BE CONSIDERED**
Degree in film production, digital media, design, or applicable field is preferred but not required.
Our Creative Department is a close-knit bunch or skilled individuals. Like a little league sports coach, we also like to say “teamwork makes the dream work” because it’s true. Each employee is unique and we build on each other’s strengths and skills. All ideas and backgrounds are welcomed. We aren’t robots…but sometimes we dance like them when we break the previous month’s revenue records (which happens like every month). Don’t worry though, celebratory dance parties are optional. Really, we just like to work hard but we make sure we have fun while doing.
*Duties of this job may require lifting, carrying, pushing, or pulling of objects weighing up to 50 lbs., stooping, bending and twisting, or any other motion needed in order to get the perfect shot.
*Full-Time Employment Inquiries Only. Please no contractor/freelancer only inquiries*
Saraya USA (Lakanto) is a fast-growing company that is a subsidiary of Saraya Worldwide, a Fortune 500 company in Japan. We are startup building from the ground up. Our mission is to transform the health of America by developing great tasting, all natural, sugar-free products. We offer a fun flexible work environment that is focused on results.
Lakanto's Mission Statement
To redefine sugar-free, by creating great tasting all natural sugar-free alternatives, through innovative product development and teamwork.