At Maverik, we call our Food Service Kitchen Manager (FRESCH), the FRESCH Manager. The FRESCH Manager is directly responsible for the food service department in their assigned store, maintaining the integrity and freshness of the Core Menu Program, and implementing all company food service programs. Responsibilities also include accountability for the professional abilities, work habits, and career development of the FRESCH Adventure Guides, as well as supporting the continued training and support for all store Adventure Guides.
FRESCH Managers are expected to spread their working time over the morning and afternoon hours, weekdays and weekends, in accordance with the food service work schedule. They are responsible for the completion of the food service work schedule. They are principally responsible for the food service operation of the store. They may be called upon to assume Manager on Duty responsibilities. They must be familiar with all aspects of food service and familiar with general store operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Hiring FRESCH Adventure Guides with the approval of the Store Director.
• Food service training for all store employees.
• Ensure and maintain the quality and freshness of all food items.
• Ensure the use of training videos to support staff.
• Complete all food service reports and other bookkeeping responsibilities.
• Establish and maintain FRESCH Adventure Guide work schedules.
• Control food service inventory and complete monthly inventory audits.
• Order food service merchandise.
• Post food service advertising materials.
• Accountable for productivity & costs associated with FRESCH, as measured by work ratio; maintains work ratio at or below store goal.
• Merchandising of food service items.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
• Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
• The list of Essential Job Duties is not exhaustive but is merely the most accurate list for the current job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description and to require that other tasks be performed at any time.
Qualifications: Experience, Competencies and Education
• Ideally a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent experience.
• Excellent verbal communication skills.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Ability to learn simple tasks quickly and work with little or no supervision.
• Basic math skills.
• Must be able to complete required paperwork.
• Must pass company sponsored Serve Safe Class
Be sure to select "SOCIAL MEDIA" as source on your application. Maverik is an EOE/ADA/Drug Free Workplace.
Adventure’s First Stop
Maverik fuels adventures in more than 300 locations across 11 western states, making it the largest independent fuel marketer in the Intermountain West. We’re known for our premium BonFire food — made fresh in every Maverik, every day — and awesome values on fuel, drinks and snacks. Maverik sells exclusive products such as Bundles, breakfast sandwiches, fresh-baked gourmet cookies, burritos, hoagies, Glacier X Sports Drink and more.
Location/Region: West Jordan, UT (US)