• Researching bids and generating work
• Contact customers and obtain new customers
• Coordinate bids and obtain and analyze winning and profitable bids on projects, including final bid packages
• Sort the current bid list and keep the information updated
• Generate and submit complete pricing of estimates, including labor, equipment, subcontract, and material
• Develop material cost information for specific project types
• Provide other services: change order pricing, attending pre-bid conferences, site visits.
• Maintain a highly organized work area and manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Other duties as assigned
• Preference given for a Bachelor’s of Science degree in civil engineering, construction management, or similar technical field of expertise
• Five (5) years of heavy civil experience estimating with an emphasis on construction/pipe/earthwork
• Two (2) or more years of field experience; experience as a project manager or project engineer is preferred
• Estimating and Takeoff Experience (HCSS, Bid2Win, Trimble- Business Center HCE, Agtek, On-Screen etc.)
• Scheduling - moderate to high level of proficiency operating Primavera and/or MS Project
• An understanding of engineering drawings, and specifications, and the ability to coordinate with multiple engineering disciplines is required
• Excellent computer skills (MS Office/Excel)
• Well-developed organizational skills
We are a dynamic organization that believes in rewarding strong performance. The candidate shall have the opportunity to grow as far as his/her abilities take them. There is tremendous upward potential for a candidate that has ambition and passion to succeed.
We offer a cooperative work environment that promotes team success through the collective talents of all of our employees. Join a growing team where your opinion, technical expertise and efforts matter.