MUST HAVE PLASTIC BLOW MOLDING EXPERIENCE
The Production Manager is the resident leader for all manufacturing activities at the Salt Lake City, UT facility and serves as the day-to-day site leader for safety, regulatory compliance and facility management for all key functions in the plant. The position oversees labor relations in a non-union environment and administrates policies and performance management activities in coordination with the Plant Manager and local Human Resources team. The Production Manager is responsible and accountable for providing leadership to the manufacturing team in order to achieve annual objectives for safety, customer satisfaction and financial performance through the development and execution of plans to support goals and objectives.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Provide a safe and environmentally sound production facility for the company and its employees.
· Provide leadership across the site to ensure continuous improvement in safety, quality, service and cost.
· Manages all manufacturing operations and production requirements coordinated with supply chain to meet customer demand.
· Develops capital plan to support goals and objectives for the site.
· Aids in developing and controlling profits, business plans and budgetary restrictions.
· Reduce incident rate (with a target rate of zero) through implementation of company safety policies and practices
· Support supervisory training initiatives and provide coaching and career development to support all employees.
· Defines, implements and monitors performance goals for the facility.
· Drives a culture of root cause and permanent corrective action for safety and quality failures.
· Controls safety, quality, cost of production, warehousing through subordinates.
· Responsible for training, developing and motivating both salaried and hourly personnel. Maintains a good working relationship with hourly subordinates as well as management personnel.
Education / Experience / Other Requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year accredited college is required; specialization in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering, Plastics, Chemistry or Polymer Science is preferred.
· Experience in plastic container manufacturing preferred; other relative process manufacturing experience required.
· Entry level plant manager and/or production manager candidates will be considered. However, a progressive career with production management and supervision experience is required.
We are a professional search firm specializing in Heavy Manufacturing, Light Manufacturing, Steel Service Centers, Pharmaceutical, Textile, Warehousing Industries, and many others companies across the USA. We have been working with companies across the United State for over 20+ Years. Highly professional and your information is 100% confidential. We look forward to helping you find your next career.