Growing civil construction company is looking for a highly motivated, innovative, entrepreneurial sales professional to lead our Business Development initiatives. The ideal candidate will have construction (or other industry related) experience and contacts, a self-starter attitude, and a proven track record in sales. Any design/build or estimating experience considered a major plus.
This integral member of the team will be responsible for driving our direct sales effort by researching new opportunities, cold-calling potential clients, and developing relationships with new and existing clients, developers, builders, general contractors, etc.
If you are a sales professional interested in a merit based financial reward structure (base plus bonus) and are ready to take your career to the next level consider joining our team.
- Identify and develop relationships with industry professionals to generate new business opportunities.
- Create and expand the company’s footprint and build positive top of mind awareness.
- Research and analyze key economic factors that may influence market activity within specific niche markets or geographic areas.
- Attend trade shows and other associations’ meetings to stay abreast of market conditions, competition, and establish relationships with existing clients and prospects.
- Provide ongoing progress updates on new business development activities and other key indicators to the management team.
- Help develop and manage the execution of the sales plan.
- Coordinate and manage the sales/proposal process with estimators, project managers and senior management team.
- Prepare quarterly forecast of anticipated sales and backlog margins.
- Track business development efficiency in each of the market sectors.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or marketing preferred.
- Technical sales experience (prefer 5-15 years experience) in the construction industry or related to it with a successful track record; sales experience in other fields may be considered.
- Broad and in-depth business background with a reasonable working knowledge of the technical aspects of design/build construction.
- Proven ability to establish profitable relationships with decision makers at companies and organizations.
We are a dynamic organization that believes in rewarding strong performance. The candidate shall have the opportunity to grow as far as his/her abilities take them. There is tremendous upward potential for a candidate that has ambition and passion to succeed.
We offer a cooperative work environment that promotes team success through the collective talents of all of our employees. Join a growing team where your opinion, technical expertise and efforts matter.
Location/Region: Salt Lake City, UT (US)