In order to be considered for this position, you will need to apply at, statejobs.utah.gov and apply on job#14968 or copy’paste the following link into your browser:
Are you passionate about human services and would like to work in a satisfying patient care setting?
Do you consistently strive to have a positive impact on the lives of your colleagues?
Would you love a position where being great at your job means being a mentor and caregiver to people in need of compassionate support and assistance?
If you answered "yes" to these questions, the Utah State Hospital would like to invite you to apply for our entry-level Psychiatric Technician position.
Psychiatric Technicians are trained to assist with maintaining a safe and secure therapeutic environment and manage individuals with varying degrees of mental illness. These employees must be willing and able to act as an integral part of the hospital patient treatment team; to follow prescribed behavioral programs while acting as a mentor and caregiver for our patients.
The Best Qualified Applicant
The ideal candidate for this position is a helpful, positive, capable and empathetic individual who is eager to provide the highest quality direct care services to State Hospital patients.
At minimum, this person must be able to:
- Identify and apply appropriate non-violent crisis intervention techniques to prevent or resolve crisis situations
- Deal with people in a manner which shows sensitivity, tact, and professionalism
- Observe the environment, paying attention to changes, inappropriate activity, or potential problems and react appropriately, as needed
In this position, your work days will be spent:
- Observing, monitoring, recording and reporting patient behavior
- Participating in and supervising patient activities
- Teaching daily living skills
- Performing direct care services to include: bathing, showering, dressing, toileting, feeding, etc
- Intervening in crisis situations
- Escorting patients and other clients/guests to and from their various daily activities
- Must be able to work an entire shift without the use electronic devices, phone, tablet, etc.
- Only applicants that meet minimum qualifications will be contacted.
Why You Should Join Our Team
In addition to working in a state-of-the-art Psychiatric Hospital with highly skilled clinicians who provide state-of-the-art programming to the individuals we treat. Joining our team will allow you to provide excellent care in a safe and respectful environment to promote hope and quality of life for individuals with mental illness.
The Hospital is a fully accredited from the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations and Centers for Medicaid and Medicare, certifying the high quality of the Hospital's environment and treatment programs
The Utah State Hospital is a Psychiatric facility in Provo Utah. Utah State Hospital provides a safe and healing environment in which all people are treated with dignity and respect. It is our purpose to assist patients to reach their potential, through individualized treatment, with a high value being placed on meeting the needs of each patient in a humanistic, caring and professional manner.