CVE is one of the nation’s premier specialty contractors with a century-long tradition of excellence. We have immediate openings for experienced Hydrovac Operators in our fast-growing Signals and Utilities Division. These positions involve work at jobsites throughout the Wasatch Front and occasionally beyond.
Hydrovac Operators enjoy steady work with overtime pay as required. Employees are paid weekly and receive an industry-leading benefits program that even includes retirement benefits. Safety is our highest value and we will provide you with the training you need to succeed in this role.
The primary tasks of a Hydrovac Operator include:
- Drive and operate a truck outfitted with a hydrovac unit
- Perform slot trenching and digging excavation of sensitive underground piping and cables
- Perform steam unit operation and pipe/culvert jetting
- Expose utility lines
- Perform pre- and post-trip inspections
- Remove debris
- Complete required paperwork
- Operate a variety of vehicles once certified (i.e. dump trucks, sweepers, flatbeds)
Successful candidates will possess:
- High school diploma
- CDL driving experience (1 year minimum)
- Class A CDL with tanker endorsement
- Clean driving record
- Previous hydrovac or trenching experience
- A commitment to safety, ability to successfully pass drug tests, and a willingness to get the job done.
Our competitive salary is dependent on experience and includes a full benefits package.
To apply, submit a resume or statement of experience to
or apply in person at 1338 So Gustin Road in Salt Lake City.
CVE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About this company
As one of the nation’s premier electrical contractors, we don’t just provide high-quality services. We manage. We design. We install. We do it all, to maximize your time, money and resources on any given project. We’re your partner on a wide range of jobs, including industrial, enterprise, transportation, government and other special projects. Beyond electrical, we also offer technology services like teledata, networking, security and wireless communications, to give you one company with endless capabilities.
Location/Region: Salt Lake City, UT (US - 84104)