Varex Imaging is currently looking for an Electrical Engineer to support our Salt Lake City, Utah facilities.
Varex Electrical Engineers reduce COPF (Cost of Product Failure) by analyzing manufacturing problems and determining root cause. Conduct various engineering assignments that carry a high degree of complexity which will require independent action and decision. Use engineering principles to develop methods and procedures for product and process improvement that affect product quality. Work with and assist manufacturing in testing activities to ensure compliance to specifications and customer requirements. Provide leadership by organizing cross functional teams for help in problem solving.
Varex Responsibilities include:
- Managing multiple projects
- Assisting in the testing, and releasing of equipment into the marketplace.
- Proactive approach to problem-solving and analysis
- Conducting printed circuit board root cause analysis to component level.
- Coordinating design, development and validation of product improvements.
- Participating in updating design rules for product development.
- Communicating results in internal meetings and provide input for customer meetings
- Proposing modifications and retesting products
- Qualifying final product
- Preparing documentation, writing reports, and giving presentations.
- Mentoring engineers and technicians
Minimum Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Electrical, Mechanical Engineer or related field
- 6+ years of experience analyzing manufacturing problems and determining root cause
- 1+ years of experience mentoring engineers and technicians
Preferred Knowledge and Experience:
- 3+ years of experience performing root cause analysis to component level.
- Knowledge of Reliability Engineering
- Knowledge or experience with DMM’s, Oscilloscopes, and Six Sigma tools and statistical knowledge is highly desired.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Become part of our team
You’re just one click away from the most impactful work you’ll ever do. Apply now and join our mission to save lives. Someone, somewhere, will be glad you did.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Varex Imaging (a former division of Varian Medical Systems) brings together the world's best talent to succeed in our ongoing mission to save lives. Together, we work passionately to develop and deliver easy-to-use leading X-ray technology and high-energy X-ray components for security and industrial applications. Our headquarters are in Salt Lake City, Utah with an organization of 1,400 employees in 18 countries. We embrace people from all around the world with different backgrounds and beliefs through our partnerships with our customers and our diverse employee population. We try to inspire and encourage people to have innovative ideas to be great in whatever they want to do.
Join us as we build a new future company. Find your new future with us.
Recognized as a leader in our Industry, Varex Imaging prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. We understand that the value of our contributions reaches far beyond our doors. Knowing that we have created an inspired and compassionate environment where all contributions and ideas are considered.
Varex offers you an opportunity to come on board and make a difference. We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive relocation package.
We know that when you are working with great people, innovating freely and with conviction, you can make a tremendous impact and help deliver the most advanced technology and solutions in the industry. To learn more about our jobs and culture, join the Varex Talent Community of your interest Click Here.