Works in an R&D environment supporting engineers and scientists to perform specialized manufacturing processes and execute prototype builds. Directly works with a wide range of tools, equipment, and materials. Manages material movements and procures items to support R&D efforts. Technician will be expected to perform experiments and take measurements with great attention to detail. Documents test results and reports on findings.
Key Duties and Job Tasks:
- Supports the needs of engineers and scientists who are designing, developing, and testing prototypes
- Performs and/or facilitates prototype builds
- Performs hands-on testing with experimental setups and equipment
- Safely uses chemicals and executes chemical processes
- With engineers and operators, collaborates on ways to improve or simplify processes
- Develops detailed instructions for specialized processes
- Troubleshoots prototype builds, equipment, and processes to overcome limitations and challenges
- Collects data and maintains records of test protocols and prototype builds
- Interfaces with equipment engineering to verify function of new/modified equipment
- Assists with early production setup and physical layout of processes
- HS Diploma or GED
- 5+ years of related work experience in mechanical engineering
- 5+ years of strong and in-depth hands on experience with facilitating prototype builds
- 5+ years of experience developing and verifying processes for electro-mechanical assemblies
- 5+ years of experience in functional testing and troubleshooting electro-mechanical assemblies
- Associates Degree or Technical School Certification in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering Technology.
- 8+ years of related work experience in mechanical engineering preferred
- 5+ years of experience in design processes and approaches, optimization, and manufacturing processes
- 1+ years of experience with SAP or equivalent ERP product and productivity software is desirable
- Highly motivated, self-driven, organized, high attention to detail
- Ability to work with technical personnel to meet aggressive timelines and budgets
- Ability to use business tools such as: E-mail, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to present technical information in both oral and written formats
- Ability to demonstrate integrity, initiative, innovation, and passion
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Varex Imaging (a former division of Varian Medical Systems) brings together the world's best talent to succeed in our ongoing mission to save lives. Together, we work passionately to develop and deliver easy-to-use leading X-ray technology and high-energy X-ray components for security and industrial applications. Our headquarters are in Salt Lake City, Utah with an organization of 1,400 employees in 18 countries. We embrace people from all around the world with different backgrounds and beliefs through our partnerships with our customers and our diverse employee population. We try to inspire and encourage people to have innovative ideas to be great in whatever they want to do.
Join us as we build a new future company. Find your new future with us.
Recognized as a leader in our Industry, Varex Imaging prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. We understand that the value of our contributions reaches far beyond our doors. Knowing that we have created an inspired and compassionate environment where all contributions and ideas are considered.
Varex offers you an opportunity to come on board and make a difference. We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive relocation package.
We know that when you are working with great people, innovating freely and with conviction, you can make a tremendous impact and help deliver the most advanced technology and solutions in the industry. To learn more about our jobs and culture, join the Varex Talent Community of your interest Click Here.
Location/Region: Salt Lake City, UT (US)