Our Machining Department consists of Large and Small CNC Mills and Lathes, including many 4 and 5-axis Machines, as well as some Manual Mills and Lathes that allow us to provide quick turn-around to Customers in crisis. We provide ongoing opportunities for our Machinists to grow their Skills and value. Wages are based on the value you can currently provide to the Company as well as on your ability to learn and grow. We hope you will give us an opportunity to show what we can offer. Please see our website at www.primemachine.com to get a flavor of the work we do.
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- 8 Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Supplemental accidental/health benefts
- Education Assistance
- Double-Time pay for Sunday work
Job Requirements: We currently have multiple Job Openings for Machinists on both Day Shift (5:30 am to 4:00 pm) and Swing Shift (4:00 pm to 2:30 am). We currently run 4-10 hour shifts per week, with significant opportunity for overtime.
Basic Job Requirements –
- Minimum of 3 years Basic Machinist Training (some schooling may count towards this).
- Independently run CNC Mills and Lathes and be able to edit and understand CNC Programs.
- Operate a variety of CNC Machine Controllers and be able to make stable and secure “Set-Ups” for machining parts.
- Should have basic skills and ability to run Manual Lathes and Mills.
- Handle Cranes and perform correct Rigging to lift and move a large variety of small and large parts – Some training will be offered.
- Understand and constantly practice “On the Job Safety”
- Must be able to read and understand Engineering Drawings, including GD&T callouts. Provide Inspection Reports in a clear manner.
- Should have own basic Tools – the Company provides specialized Tools that go beyond standard expectations.
- Must get along well with others (including Shop Management), be able to provide clear Job Turnovers, and follow Company Policies.
Prime Machine, Inc. was created in 1979 to provide emergency Industrial Equipment Repair and New Component Fabrication Services to a wide range of Customers statewide and beyond. We currently provide Large and Small Machine Shop Services, Welding Fabrication, Millwright Field Services, Gearbox Repair, and State-of-the-Art Laser Inspection Services. Our major Customers are found in Mining, Power Generation, Aerospace & Defense, and other critical Industries.
Location/Region: Salt Lake City, UT (US)