Stadler Rail Group is a Swiss-based passenger railcar manufacturer and service provider with a US manufacturing site in Salt Lake City, Utah. We are a leading manufacturer of regional and commuter trains, light-rail, subways, streetcars and mountain rail.Stadler has multiple contracts to deliver passenger rail vehicles to customers in the United States and Canada.
We are looking to fill the following position in our Salt Lake City facility.
Commissioning Electrician / Engineer
As an Electrician and Tech. you will be responsible for the testing of electrical assemblies in our train projects. It will include working on modern electrical and electronic equipment, troubleshooting complex electrical circuits, loading Software on to PLC’s and any other related work to Electrical Commissioning of a rail car. You will ensure that all processes meet our quality standards and are adhered to. If you are an experienced Electrician, Journeyman or Field Engineer who wants to be part of a team that builds high quality, state of the art passenger trains, this is your career!
· Commissioning, testing and troubleshooting of electrical circuits
· Loading Software on various Subsystems
· Electrical modifications and changes of assemblies
· Performing tests according to procedures and manual on passenger trains
· Assist Supervisor in developing test procedures, manuals and reports
· All other duties as assigned
· Travel within US (approx. 10% or TBD), several weeks initial training offsite
· Vocational training and experience as an Electrician, Journeyman or related field
· College degree or related College courses in automation are a plus
· Several years’ experience in the field, Railroad Experience a plus
· High standard of quality
· Goal-oriented and structured approach in a dynamic environment
· Quick comprehension and adaptability
· Fluent English (verbal and written), willingness to learn German (preferred)
· Ability to work well in a team, including effective communication
What we offer We offer an interesting and challenging position in an international, success oriented company with national and international career opportunities. Extensive training, competitive salary, vacation time, 401K program are some of the benefits you will get.
***STADLER US INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER***
Stadler has been building trains for 75 years. The system provider of solutions in rail vehicle construction is headquartered in Bussnang, in eastern Switzerland. The Stadler Rail Group has over 7600 employees at several locations in Switzerland, Germany, Spain, Poland, Hungary, the Czech Republic, Italy, Austria, the Netherlands, Belarus, Algeria, UK and the USA. Stadler offers a comprehensive range of all-in-one and city transport services: high-speed trains, intercity trains, regional and S-Bahn trains, subways, tram trains and trams. In addition, Stadler produces locomotives, shunting locomotives and passenger coaches, including the Europe's most powerful diesel-electric locomotive, the EURO4000. Stadler is the world's leading manufacturer of cog railway vehicles. In addition, Stadler Service maintains vehicle fleets with over 680 vehicles with an annual mileage of 120 million kilometers in 16 countries.
If you would like to start or continue your career at Stadler, you will find exciting job offers at https://www.stadlerrail.com/en/careers/