Job Function: To support the CFO and Controller in carrying out the responsibilities of the Finance/Accounting Department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts
· Prepares payments by accruing expenses; assigning account numbers; requesting disbursements; reconciling accounts.
· Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes.
· Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
· Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
· Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
· Perform monthly reconciliations, record daily cash activity, prepare, review and analyze monthly financial statements; assist in the month end, quarter-end and year-end closing processes.
· Assist in the preparation of the Bank's monthly reporting packages/presentations
Minimum Education and Experience Qualifications
· A Bachelor's degree in accounting is preferred.
· 2 years experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Must be highly skilled in dealing with financial and numeric data.
· Must be highly skilled in use of Excel Spreadsheets.
· Must have very good verbal skills.
· Must have excellent work habits, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done, especially when important deadlines cause greater than normal departmental pressures.
· Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
· Excellent computer and software skills to effectively facilitate analysis of data and preparation of reports.
· Self-motivated and hard working. Must be able to handle multiple functions simultaneously and function in a high-pressure environment.
This position reports directly to VP/Controller.
We provide competitive salary, medical, dental, 401(k), vacation, 35 hour work weeks and other benefits.
Please send cover letter along with your resume and salary requirements.