We are looking for a 2nd Shift Fabricator/Polisher that wants to work in a professional, fun environment. Our company specializes in Granite, Quartz & Solid Surface Counter-top fabrication and installation along the Utah Wasatch Front. The primary responsibility in the position is to operate machinery and handle materials including granite/stone or solid surface in the fabrication shop; and to ensure all equipment is maintained and serviced according to established protocols. The tentative work schedule for this position is 2:00pm-10:30pm but may require flexibility to meet business needs or complete projects.
· Ensure all equipment is maintained and serviced according to established protocols
· Read and comprehend shop drawings/production information to understand all information listed on job paperwork prior to beginning a project & Coordinate with production manager
· Use a pneumatic polisher, wet polishing pads, handheld wet saw, handheld grinder, measuring devices, etc. to polish/finish all types of profiled countertop edges & backsplash
· Ensure others perform on-going quality control inspections to detect fabrication errors/problems & re-finish the surface of stones as necessary to meet company standards
· Must adhere to all company safety procedures and practices including company drug-free workplace policy at all times
· Using effective time management to ensure job completion is timely and thorough
· Assess performance of self and others to make improvements upon or take corrective action to ensure job completion is timely and thorough
· Develop an organizational system for yourself that allows you to be efficient and responsive
· All other job duties as assigned
· Working knowledge of fabrication shop techniques, inventory, & project management
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED); Technical Degree preferred but not required
· Minimum of one year related experience and/or training preferred but not required; or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Must have a willingness to acquire thorough knowledge of all available products used by the Company as it relates to products
· Communicate effectively with customers, co-workers and supervisors in a professional and courteous manner
· Proactively identify, analyze, address, and resolve problem areas, conflicts, and issues
· Display willingness to make decisions
· Exhibit sound and accurate judgment, supports and explains reasoning for decisions, includes appropriate people in decision-making process, and makes timely decisions
· Strong organizational skills to insure adequate tracking systems are utilized to maintain and track all required information associated with the job and production process
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
· Position can require frequent standing, walking, and movement as well as physical ability for standing, sitting, crouching, kneeling, frequent walking, reaching above head/below waist and the use of hands to handle/feel materials
· Ability to navigate hazardous conditions
· Regularly lift and/or move objects up to 75 lbs., frequently move objects that weigh more than 100 lbs. and use of heavy machinery for product over 1,000 lbs.
· Must be able to perform all job expectations safely with or without reasonable accommodations
Chris & Dicks is dedicated to providing our customers with excellent products and a customer service experience that is setting the standard for the industry. If you are looking to advance your career by becoming a member of a growing and dynamic team, we are eager to meet you. Chris & Dicks has a generous benefit package which includes group insurance plans, dental and 401k investment programs. Wages depend on experience.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Our goal is to attract, develop and retain the best talent from among the broadest range of people, backgrounds and perspectives. We are building an inclusive workplace and a company culture that draws on the greatest range of our people, and we are committed to building our reputation as an employer of choice.
*Note: We utilize the E-Verify Service for confirmation of employment authorization as part of our hiring process.