CA Engineering is currently seeking software engineering candidates that can work in a highly cohesive team environment to develop products in the wireless communications field. Candidates will be responsible for writing firmware, drivers, and applications for a variety of embedded platforms. Candidates will also be involved in low-level hardware bring-up and debugging of embedded code and drivers. Must have good communication skills and be willing to be involved in product development efforts with direct customers in order to produce a finished shippable product.
- Analyze user needs and develop software solutions
- Work with project manager or product owner to meet specification needs
- Recommend software upgrades to optimize operational efficiency
- Collaborate with other developers to design and optimize code
- Create flowcharts and user guides for new and existing programs
- Document all programming tasks and procedures
- Perform routine software maintenance
Desired Team Competencies:
- Adaptable quick learner, with the ability to easily ask questions of others, listens, and positively contributes in a team environment.
- A track record of successful product development and demonstrated ability to contribute new ideas to a team.
- An attitude to take on any challenge.
- Flexible in work approach; looking for the best solution to a problem not just your own solution.
Desired Technical Competencies:
- BSEE (Electrical Engineering), BSCE (Computer Engineering) or higher preferred.
- Previous experience in porting, writing, debugging, and documenting embedded code.
- GNU and GDB tool suite experience on embedded processors is a plus.
- Experience programming on MIPS, Power PC, ARM, xScale, or other processors.
- Understanding of interrupt handlers, device drivers, device enumeration
- Use of logic analyzers, vector signal analyzers, spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, and other hardware debugging equipment a plus
- Experience in wireless protocols and modulations (802.11, 802.15.4, FSK, TDMA, OFDM, etc.), compression algorithms, security protocols, etc.
- Experience with embedded Linux, Real Time Linux, OpenWRT, Nucleus, Android, iOS, and/or Windows OS’s.
- Debugging an embedded OS system using JTAG or other emulation and debug tools.
- Experience with GIT and Atlassian based code management systems a plus
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
Founded in 1995, CA Engineering is a capable, reliable, proven and trusted developer of wireless communications products. World-class organizations in the medical, military and home consumer markets rely on CA Engineering for development of high-performance, low-power, miniaturized, mobilized and ruggedized wireless communications solutions. CA Engineering is a privately held US company headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah.
If you are seeking a great place to work, with people you enjoy working with and who care about you as an individual, consider CA Engineering.
Location/Region: Draper, UT (US)