Patient Experience Specialist
Are you looking for a position in a growing company where you can work hard, be challenged, and enjoy a new and exciting avenue in the healthcare field? If so, Equiscript is looking for you! We are looking for professionals to fulfill the role of a Patient Experience Specialist.
Equiscript wants passionate people who enjoy coming to work and being part of a team. We are looking for candidates who are dedicated to bringing the best possible customer service to each of our patients.
As a Patient Experience Specialist, you will be under the supervision of your Manager and work alongside the sales team, healthcare provider clients, and our partner pharmacies to ensure that our patients get their prescriptions filled in a timely manner while receiving exceptional service.
Successful candidates for this position will handle customer service, monitor patient progress, communicate with multiple parties, handle medication fills and keep patients informed on the status of their prescriptions. Your work will involve research, resolving problems, using computerized systems to track and gather information, and speaking with patients over the phone. We are looking for detailed, personable, focused and passionate people! Does this sound like you?
Key Activities Include, but are not limited to:
- Work as a team to achieve Equiscript’s Cause and Core Values, while providing customers with exceptional service.
- Handling Inbound and Outbound Calls.
- Monitoring patients and making sure that prescriptions are processed, filled and delivered prior to need-by dates.
- Communicating with the patients over the phone about program updates and expectations.
- Helping patients to understand the importance of medication adherence.
- Updating and Maintaining patient information and inquiries in Salesforce.com.
- Identify issues that need to be resolved and take corrective action, and escalate when needed. Ensure that patients are happy with the service they are receiving.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail and accurate documentation in patient and client accounts.
- Demonstrate patience and empathy when dealing with patients.
- An understanding of medical terminology and medications. The Patient Experience Specialist will need to be able to pronounce drug names and explain information.
- A detail-oriented, problem-solving multitasker, who is driven by deadlines and can work independently after training.
- Aptitude for computers and the ability to work comfortably in a phone and computer-based environment.
- 2-3 years Medical Practice or Pharmacy Experience with Customer Service Skills. (Experienced CNAs, CMAs, LPNs, Pharmacy Technicians, and Medical Assistants are encouraged to apply).
- Practical Understanding of Medical Terminology and Medications.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, email, and internet use.
- Saleforce.com experience and knowledge is a plus, but not required.
- Bilingual English/Spanish is a Plus
- Have the physical ability to work full-time in a phone-based office environment
- Hours: Monday to Friday 9 am to 6 pm
- Cleared Background Check Required
- Position Located in Salt Lake City, Utah
- Benefits include a health plan, dental, vision, disability and paid time off
- Retirement Plan with 3% match
Equiscript works with eligible covered entities to create and manage a 340B home delivery pharmacy that complements our clients’ existing 340B pharmacy programs. We have eight years of experience identifying high-need, high-risk 340B-eligible patients who are not being serviced by in-house or contract pharmacies. We specialize in developing highly personalized outreach programs to recruit those patients to a contracted home delivery pharmacy, where we provide personalized service through a team of dedicated Patient Care Advocates. The program provides 340B covered entities with a targeted approach to increasing their 340B capture rate while supporting patient compliance and increasing continuity of care.