Intertek, a leading provider of ATIC (Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification) Services, is looking for ICC Special Inspectors, ACI Technicians and Construction Materials Technicians to join our Business and Construction team in Salt Lake City, UT.
Ranked #14 on the 2018 ENR list of Top 500 Design Firms, and with more than a hundred offices across North America, the building and construction team provides the architectural, engineering and construction (A/E/C) industry with a full suite of capabilities both in the lab and on site. From testing, inspection and certification services to building sciences solutions, the company delivers Total Quality Assurance to the built environment.
The Special Inspectors and Technicians will support the Building and Construction business performing Construction Materials Testing services, entering reports and data gathered from tests and observations.
- Activities will include performing field testing and inspections on soil, concrete, masonry and asphalt.
- Review plans and specifications, performing the inspections accordingly
- Inspect placement of reinforcing steel and post-tensioned cables
- Communicate results with contractors, engineers and others
- Input results and observations into daily reports
Requirements – we are seeking one or more of the following credentials:
- Engineering Field Technicians/Special Inspectors with 2+ years experience in soils, reinforced concrete and other materials testing/inspection disciplines.
- ICC Special Inspectors (Reinforced Concrete, Masonry, Soils, Fireproofing, Structural Steel Welding, Structural Steel Bolting, Post Tension)
- ACI Certification
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world’s most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Primary Location: US-UT-Salt Lake City
Work Locations: Salt Lake City South 600 west 2779 South 600 West Salt Lake City 84115
Organization: USA47:Professional Service Industries Inc
Employee Status: Individual Contributor
Job Level: First Shift
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Location/Region: Salt Lake City, UT