Job DescriptionGeneral Responsibilities:
Are you an exceptional asbestos, lead-containing paint, and regulated hazardous materials practitioner looking for an opportunity to grow and expand your career? Do you want to work for a well-established company with an excellent reputation that takes care of its employees? Are you seeking a company that has tremendous resources and provides training and opportunities? Terracon is currently Ranked #1 for Asbestos and Lead Abatement Design firms by ENR! If this sounds like you, then Terracon is your kind of company! We share your vision.
Terracon is hiring an Asbestos Group Manager for our well-established practice in our Salt Lake City, Utah office. Our Salt Lake asbestos team has been in the Utah market for more than 30 years and we have a solid market share and work on many of the largest and most complex projects.
As the Asbestos Group Manager, you will work closely with the Department Manager and will supervise our asbestos, lead-containing paint, and universal waste projects to ensure that work is performed on time, on budget, and to meet our client’s requirements and company policies, procedures and standards. You and your team will work together to prepare winning proposals, cost estimates for surveys, bid specifications, and abatement oversight and will help to deliver proper scoping of services, availability of staff, and pricing to be profitable. You will prepare and review reports documenting surveys and abatements for clients and will coach and mentor junior staff on quality data generation and reporting. As a supervisor, you will have the opportunity to lead the daily operations of a growing team including safety, staff training & development, performance conversations, utilization of equipment and facilities, quality of services and work product, timely delivery of services and deliverables, and overall quality and client experience. You will also get the opportunity to work with the office leadership team to develop an Operations Plan and a business development strategy for your group with the goal of growing the practice. Our Group Managers also participate in business development activities with the office leadership team to identify, develop, win, and execute exciting project opportunities and build and maintain client relationships. Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead safety efforts and ensure the Group follows safety rules and guidelines. Responsible for creating and modeling a safe work environment, demonstrating safety practices, and promoting pre-task planning for all projects.
- Prepare proposals and cost estimates.
- Perform field surveys of asbestos, lead-containing paint, and other regulated hazardous substances.
- Prepare reports documenting the findings of surveys and communicating findings and recommendations to clients.
- Review technical reports prepared by Group members to ensure quality and accuracy of reported findings.
- Manage and mentor junior staff.
- With support from the Department/Office manager perform business and client development activities.
- With support from the Department/Office Manager develop and manage employee staffing plans, recruitment, selection and on-boarding.
- With support from the Department/Office Manager prepare and execute annual business plan for the Group.
- With support from the Department/Office Manager oversee and manage the success of the key Group metrics of revenue growth, staff chargeability, project billing and collections, and project profitability.
- Develop understanding and be aware of project-related risk. Be familiar with what could go wrong on a project and how to protect the company. Be familiar with company risk policies.
- Promote continuous quality monitoring and improvement on projects. Monitor quality standards and practices.
- Conduct projects in other practice areas when asbestos, lead-containing paint, and hazardous materials are slow.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical discipline practiced by the Firm including Engineering, Environmental Science or Geology and 8 years’ asbestos practice experience. Or, in lieu of a degree, a minimum of 12 years’ asbestos practice experience.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- Certification or licensure in field of expertise, or ability to obtain within 3 months.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 4,000 employees in over 140 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.
Location/Region: Midvale, UT