Responsible for the planning and implementation of activities that
promote a cognitive, social/emotional, language, physical and self-help
growth in a loving environment.
- Promote the mission of Bishop O†Gorman Catholic Schools
- Assess the student’s progress three times per year and record on the report card
- Maintain student attendance record for student cumulative records
- Manage and organize an early childhood classroom environment
- Use a positive and preventative approach to discipline: redirection, setting positive limits, clearly stating expectations, encouragement and praise, provide choices, allowing children to problem solve
- Provide and maintain a safe environment for children
- Provide Religion instruction per Preschool curriculum
- Prepare weekly and daily lesson plans. The plans may be reviewed by the administrator and should be included in substitute teacher folder. The lesson plans must match with the age skill and skill development level of the children in the classroom.
- Supervise and interact with the children during all activities in the school
- Conduct conferences twice a year. The teacher must maintain effective regular communicationwith parents.
- Maintain privacy and confidentiality at all times
- Organize equipment & sanitize toys on a regular basis
- Supervise assistant(s) assigned to Preschool program
- Provide direction to assistant(s) to maximize program for students
- Exhibit the core values of Bishop O†Gorman Catholic Schools: Faith, Unity, Excellence, and Integrity
- Bachelor degree in early childhood or equivalent preferred
- Previous child care and/or early childhood teaching experience desired
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Dexterity: Mobility required
- Strong verbal skills
Location/Region: Sioux Falls