Industrial Maintenance Technician
Location: West Valley City, UT
$500 Sign on Bonus!
SKF has been making the world spin since 1907!
SKF is an industry-leading manufacturer that's dedicated to a culture of belonging, where our people flourish in an equitable environment that promotes leadership development and career growth.
SKF Salt Lake City manufactures seals made from various materials including rubber and plastic. CR Seals are radial and axial shaft sealing solutions for power transmission applications that support virtually every industrial sector, from large-size wind turbines to very small, high-speed machine tools. For off-highway applications, we offer undercarriage sealing solutions for wheeled equipment, which include SKF Mudblock cassette seals and the innovative SKF Trackstar seals for tracked machinery.
As an SKF team member, you’ll join 40,000 colleagues from more than 130 countries developing bearing technology and services that make rotation more reliable and sustainable. Sustainability is at the heart of everything we do- SKF aims to have net zero greenhouse gas emissions at all our production facilities by 2030.
SKF products keep vehicles rolling, power the machines that put food on your table, and even reach into the cosmos as part of the Mars rover mission. Founded in Sweden in 1907, today SKF is publicly traded on the Nasdaq Stockholm with annual sales in 2020 of approximately $10 billion.
This position works directly with other team members as well supervisors and managers. In this position you will frequently interact with teams including Production, Quality, Engineering, and Demand Chain.
This position is responsible for maintaining equipment and systems in accordance with relevant codes and standards to improve performance and minimize downtime.
The Types of equipment you will be working with include: mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic equipment.
Your responsibilities when working with this equipment may involve inspecting, repairing, calibrating, replacing, and installing.
Responsibilities Include But Not Limited to:
- Complete required maintenance task while adhering to OSHA and SKF requirements.
- Maintain work area in a manner that is consistent to 5'S requirements.
- Report time and material used to perform assigned maintenance task.
- Perform corrective and preventive maintenance to production equipment to insure minimal down time.
- Dismantle, clean, fabricate, repair, replace, install, maintain, assemble, adjust, and lubricate all types of mechanical equipment.
- Maintain service and repair records and reports using API Pro system.
- Assist in spare parts optimization and resourcing.
- Coordinate scheduled repairs and calibrations with production to ensure minimal production interruptions.
- Provide on call, after hours support when required by Manager.
- Participate in employee training.
- Comply with SKF Group policies and maintain a positive work environment.
- This position requires hands-on experience and the necessary expertise to fulfill the requirements of this position.
- High school diploma/GED equivalent; specialized training or certification is a plus.
- 2+yrs of experience repairing and troubleshooting production equipment.
- Basic knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, and electrical schematics is required.
- Basic knowledge of 5’S.
- Availability to work all needed overtime in order to complete repairs.
- Comprehensive communication skills in the English language both verbal and written.
- Must pass SKF’s written test and possibly a hands-on skill demonstration
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Injection molding or CNC experience is a plus.
- Ability to troubleshoot PLC systems.
- Ability to safely operate power and hand tool as needed.
- Strong organizational skills.
Manufacturing Professionals with prior experience as a Industrial Maintenance Tech, CNC Machine Technical Maintenance Person, Manufacturing Maintenance Tech, Industrial Machine Mechanic, Machinery Maintenance Worker, and similar experience are encouraged to apply! Military Veteran Mechanics are Welcome!
What You’ll Love About SKF:
Rest and Relaxation. Enjoy a robust PTO policy and 13 paid holidays!
SKF Celebrates Diversity in the Workplace! We actively develop ourselves and our teams to enable outstanding delivery. SKF trusts the strength of diverse teams and encourage agile ways of working. SKF Honors First responders, and military veteran employees! Minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Health and Wellness Benefits. SKF cares about the wellbeing of our employees. Many options for best in class medical and dental plans to fit your needs; a wellness plan that includes biometric screening and health risk assessment for you and your spouse and incentives for healthy living!
Invest in your Future. SKF offers amazing retirement options! Participate in our 401K program that boasts a 100% match up to 5% of your elected contribution (100% Vested). Regardless of your participation, SKF automatically contributes 5% into your account per pay period (3 Years Vesting).
SKF Cares! The four fundamental cornerstones of SKF Care - Business, Environment, Employees and the Community are critical for us to sustain long-term success.
Much more! Growth opportunities, tuition reimbursement, voluntary critical illness coverage, voluntary legal plan, employee assistance program, life insurance, vehicle discount programs, mobile phone discounts, and with so many benefits to working for SKF, we could not name them all!
Location: West Valley City, UT (Salt Lake City, UT)
Reports to: Projects Engineer
Job ID: 16123
Pay $25.00 to $35.00 per hour
SKF provides equal employment [and affirmative action] opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
By applying to this job you acknowledge how SKF treats candidate data. Click HERE to review the SKF Data Privacy Consent Statement.
Location/Region: South Jordan, UT (84095)