Mortenson’s success is not a matter of luck; it’s a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an extraordinary customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our extraordinary people and collaborative teams. Mortenson has been voted a "best place to work" over 40 times since 2002…
…What are you waiting for?
The Big Picture:
Do you have the aptitude to anticipate problems, critical issues, and opportunities as they arise? Do you possess the capability to problem solve and create viable solutions?
Mortenson is currently seeking an experienced Electrical Superintendent to provide coordination, planning, and supervision to Assistant Electrical Superintendents, contractors, and craft activities in a specific area of discipline. Positive attitude and behavior is necessary as you will interact with staff at all levels in an ever-changing environment. Demonstrating flexibility, resourcefulness, dedication, and efficiency with a high level of integrity and confidentiality will be critical for success. You will develop and improve customer relationships by providing excellent service.
What will you be doing?
Organization, flexibility, excellent customer focus and strong communication are critical in performing duties which include, but are not limited to:
Coordinate work projects within the electrical scope of the building site
- Ensure the high-quality installation of electrical portions of project
- Provide drawing, constructability, submittal reviews, and feedback with the engineering team, verifying that the quality of materials, equipment, and workmanship conforms to the specifications and updates of the contract document
- Partner with the Sr. Superintendent in formwork selection, equipment sizing, and site utilization plan
- Work with Sr. Superintendent in development of project schedules and updates, and creation of 3 week look-ahead
- Ensure work teams have the necessary resources and support
- Supervise and ensure quality control of work team, including self-performed and subcontracted work
- Manage and collaborate with appropriate personnel concerned with the connection of the power grid to the existing distribution system
- Supervise the installation, splicing, and termination of fiber optic cables
- Participate in project meetings, and provide liaison between field engineers and contractors or craft workers to ensure electrical components of the project comply with drawings and specifications
- Ensure correct implementation of the Mortenson Project Quality Plan (PQP) and assist in the development and updating of the project control logs and QC documentation; assist with the development of electrical Integrated Work Instructions (IWIs)
Oversight of electrical sub-contractors
- Review/monitor subcontractor procurement of electrical resources, methods, staffing, look-ahead schedules and coordination with other site activities
- Work with engineering staff to ensure plans, specifications, submittals and RFIs are transmitted to subcontractors accurately and timely
- Monitor Safety, Quality, and Efficiency of subcontracted work on every project
- Coach, mentor and train field personnel, forepersons, and assistant superintendents
- Certify work teams have resources and support
Ensure the implementation, practice, and enforcement of the company's Zero Injury Program
Other duties as assigned
- Produce various reports; including Sequence of Operation instructions for equipment use and energization of circuits, and written Methods of Operation (MOPs)
- Establish and nurture teamwork environment
- Provide work direction and performance evaluations
- Identify hiring needs and participate in hiring, discipline, and dismissal decisions as needed
- Develop leadership potential through appropriate task assignments and career growth opportunities
- Handle open shop and union issues
- Maintain relationships with all visitors to the site: customers, architects, union representatives, subcontractors, et al.
- Run site work and logistics efficiently, providing suggestions for improvement
How will you succeed?
- Minimum 10 years’ experience working with medium and low voltage equipment and cable installation.
- Minimum 13 years supervisory experience
- Proficiency in the installation, testing, acceptance, maintenance, and repair of High, medium and low voltage cables.
- Knowledgeable about current injection, Hi-pot, capacitance discharge, contact resistance, Megger, TTR, Doble, and other methods of cable and equipment testing
- Possess working knowledge of electrical drawings, sketches, and prints
- Current driver’s license
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
Mortenson is an EEO/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer
Location/Region: Eagle Mountain, UT