Job DescriptionGeneral Responsibilities:
Are you passionate about the environment? We are expanding the Environmental Regulatory Permitting & Compliance Services in our Salt Lake City Office and are looking Specialists in this area of expertise. We are looking for an accomplished, regulatory permitting and compliance "go-getter" to join our regulatory compliance team with air emissions permitting and compliance, storm water permitting and compliance, Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasure (SPCC) plan preparation, wastewater permitting, and other regulatory compliance services. Our Salt Lake City office is very well established in the Utah market and works on exciting environmental projects including environmental site assessment, investigations, remediation, Brownfields, redevelopment, industrial hygiene and worker safety, and regulatory permitting and compliance for industrial clients, City, County, and State agencies, school districts, commercial real property developers and managers, law firms, financial institutions, architect/engineer and construction (A/E/C) clients.
This position is for a mid-career level environmental professional who will be responsible for regulatory compliance and permitting operations for industrial clients in Utah. In this position the candidate must be able to ensure compliance with federal, state and local permitting regulations.
The candidate will be experienced in preparing technical documents including proposals, reports and regulatory agency correspondence to support existing clients and project portfolios, and expand our service offerings. Essential Role and Responsibilities:
- The successful candidate will have experience with environmental regulatory permitting and compliance, with specific experience in the areas of air emissions, storm water, SPCC plans, and/or wastewater permitting;
- Conducting client development activities and work with our team to develop a book of business in the Utah market;
- Provide excellent customer service;
- Demonstrate a commitment to follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects for incident and injury free operations.;
- Lead and participate in Pre-Task planning;
- Report any safety issues or concerns to management;
- Understand and follow project quality and corporate quality standards for all projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Engineering, or related science field and a minimum of 5 years’ related regulatory compliance and permitting experience;
- Demonstrated experience in permitting and compliance for air emissions, storm water, SPCC plans, and/or wastewater;
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history;
- Ability to travel out of town.
- Possess strong mathematical skills.
- CAD experience
- Intermediate to advanced skills using the Microsoft Office Suite especially Word and Excel.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 3,500 employees in 130 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.
Location/Region: Midvale, UT