Job DescriptionAre you passionate about making a difference in your community?
Terracon is growing and we are hiring a Construction Materials Senior Project Manager in our Salt Lake City, UT office! Our Salt Lake City office works on exciting new transportation projects including the Salt Lake City Airport expansion project, large commercial buildings, and multi-unit high-rise apartment complexes. This position is for a professional engineer who will be responsible for planning, scheduling and coordinating the expansion project in the North Area of the Salt Lake City Airport. The successful candidate will have a minimum of 10 years of specific expertise in overseeing complex large transportation projects and managing them to successful completion.
If your passion lies in working on projects that help grow and develop your community, and if you're interested in belonging to an employee-owned organization that allows us to set our course together and benefit when our hard work creates financial success, then Terracon is your kind of company! We share your passion.Essential Role and Responsibilities:
- Manage all materials aspects of large scale and complex projects
- Identify, develop, and gather necessary resources to complete multiple construction materials projects
- Apply sound engineering principles and be able to communicate complex engineering issues and concepts to technical and non-technical clients and project teams
- Responsible for resource management, project scheduling, budgets and forecasts, and working with external vendors, subcontractors or contractors
- Design, communicate, and implement a project plan for completing all assigned projects
- Ability to develop written proposals to clients for both small and large projects
- Experienced in evaluating, and synthesizing complex laboratory and field data for inclusion in written reports
- Demonstrate a commitment to follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects for incident and injury free operations
- Report any safety issues or concerns to management
- Promote continuous quality monitoring and improvement on projects. Monitor quality standards and practices
Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, and a minimum of 10 years’ related project management experience.
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) Certification in the state of Utah.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 4,000 employees in over 140 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.
Location/Region: Midvale, UT